Post Polak's Commercial Transactions practice combines the broad perspective required to understand both the apparent and subtle ramifications of decisions concerning the businesses of our clients, with the breadth of experience necessary to advise on the most sophisticated issues and applications of law. We understand that each business has its own unique challenges, needs and goals. Our team of attorneys is committeed to providing our clients with legal assistance and guidance tailored to meet their particular demands.
In its representation of a diverse client base, Post Polak utliizes its extensive cross-industry experience in business and transactional matters to guide its clients through an evolving marketplace and legal system. Whether it is advising a client on day-to-day business decisions or structuring a complex transaction, our firm is committeed to providing efficient and effective counsel that helps each client achieve its business objectives.
In addition to the broad base of knowledge and experience our corporate attorneys possess, we take an interdisciplinary perspective and work closely with our other practices to serve our clients. We consider such an approach vital, since structuring commercial transactions or counseling companies cannot exist in a vacuum. For example, our corporate attorneys are alert to exposing clients to environmental liability and work with our firm's land use team and, when necessary, our litigators, to assess and address such concerns and circumstances. Working together, our practice groups seamlessly provide effective solutions for all of our clients' corporate commercial concerns.
We service a wide range of clients in a variety of industries, including technology, banking and finance, retail, medicine, staffing and personnel placement, service, manufacturing, investment, energy, real estate, fashion and entertainment. We also address the corporate needs of our municipal clients.
The corporate and commercial transactions services we provide to our clients encompass a number of areas, including:
- The formation, organization, ownership, control and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures
- Shareholder and operating agreements
- Negotiation of contracts and agreements with vendors, suppliers, licensees, distributors and other related entities
- Representation of the parties to and financiers of mergers, acquisitions and other commercial restructurings
- Corporate governance, management and control, and crisis management, including in connection with family-run companies and closely held corporations
- Providing advice to majority and minority owners, partners, members, employees and other business participants, and dispute resolution among business owners
- Negotiation and counseling regarding employment law, particularly executive compensation
- Private securities and stock offerings
- Structuring business organizations
- Business operations
- Commercial contracts and relationships
- Stockholder and partnership issues
- Joint ventures
- License agreements
- Executive compensation packages
- Finance and capital formation
- Private placements and venture capital
- Loan agreements and secured transactions